Search & Win
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Miscarriage

Hi everyone I know it has been awhile since I posted anything it has been kind of crazy around here. As you all know we were expecting our third child in september. This past week I started noticing some light bleeding without any cramping so I just thought that if I tried to rest more then the bleeding would stop. Well no matter what I did the bleeding increased so I called my doctor and drove the 2 hours to Ely to see her. I thought it would be a there and back trip so we just left without packing any clothes just diapers and stuff. Well we ended up having to stay over night to do an ultrasound the next morning. So Friday morning we went to our ultrasound appointment and found out that I was having a miscarriage. The wierd thing was that they could see the placenta in the ultrasound but not an embryo. So we were sent home and told to come back Monday for more lab work. Well this weekend was my cousins wedding so we had already made plans to go so we went. It was really nice to go to the sealing and just be in the temple. It is amazing how much comfort the spirtit can bring to you when you really need it. The weekend went fine until we were on our way home on sunday. About half way home my cramping increased. So I made Nick drive home as fast as he could just so I could get out of the car. At home the pain just seemed to be increasing. So after about an hour Nick took me to the ER in Caliente. I have never been so greatful in my life to have a hospital near by. At the hospital they gave me fluids to help with the emmense blood loss I was having. And then after what felt like an hour (which was probably only 10 or 15 mins.) they gave me morphine for the pain. I was also given Pitocin to get everthing to come out properly. The doctor examined the placenta when it finally passed and could also not find an embryo. We were told that it looked like there was a fetilized egg but that the placenta grew and gave off pregnancy hormones but that it didn't look like the egg ever started developing.
After that horrible night everything has been going normal. My in-laws took my kids for a few days so that I could get some rest. It has been nice to be able to sleep when ever I want, but I am excited for my boys to come home today. I have really missed them. It seems like this whole weekend I didn't even see them much because so much was going on. Nick finally went back to work today after missing a week. And I am feeling much better I still feel exausted at times and sore, but I am glad to have the worst part over for now. Nick and I do still want to have a third child sometime but we are probably going to wait a while. We aren't in a big hurry and want to wait until Aaryn is at least 2. So we probably won't be announcing any news again until next year. We feel very blessed right now with what we have and know that everything happens for a reason.

4 comments:

Kurt and Kortney Tobler said...

Aww Mel...I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Thats terrible. I've never had a miscarriage before and I hope I never do but I remember my mom having one and it was absolutley heart breaking for her. so I hope your doing ok and feeling better. I love your family picture...its sooo cute! take of yourself!

Pay Family said...

Thanks! I am feeling much better this is my second niscarriage so it was easier to take this time. It's so great to hear form you!

Darcy said...

Aww Melanie, I hope you're ok. I had the same exact kind of miscarriage this year with a placenta but no embryo. It was hard. Just remember that I love you so much! And I'm always here if you need me!

Selina Bennett said...

We loved seeing you and your family at Katelyn's Wedding. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love always!